This is one of my favorite muffins for a good energy boost. All whole wheat flour goodness, plus some dried fruit and nuts. Yummy! I freeze all the extras (or make a double batch) and send these with the kids to school for the lunches or snacks.
Morning Glory Muffins
Recipe Type: breads
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 T ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates or prunes
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c chopped dried pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray 18 muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients together (flour through salt) in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Combine the yogurt, banana and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just mixed – about 15 stirs with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the dried fruit and nuts.
- Spoon or scoop into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick into the center comes clean. Remove the muffins immediately and let cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply