I’m currently teaching all of my classes virtually through zoom. Much to my own surprise, I’ve found that I really like this format, since it gives my students a chance to practice the lessons as I teach and ask questions as we go and I’m able to keep the cost reasonable. Most of the Eventbright classes are $25 per household. Follow the links to Eventbright for class descriptions.
Keep scrolling to the bottom of this page for links to upcoming public library classes that I am teaching soon.
Focaccia – Virtual Class – stay tuned for updates. This class will be scheduled for July or August.
Basic Cook Along Class Info
- Class sizes for bake along and instant pot class are limited to 10 participants.
- Unless otherwise indicated, class cost is $25, per household.
- Follow the above links to register through Eventbright.
- All of my classes are beginner and youth friendly, unless otherwise stated. I welcome all ages in my classes. If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
- Please have ingredients measured out prior to class. If you have a kitchen scale, use it. Otherwise, otherwise, volume measurements will be provided, in addition to weight measurements.
- Good bread takes times. Some classes will require preparation for class. Please read the class instructions in your registration email for more information.
- Breaks are built into some of the bread classes during the rising times. You can log off during the break, or grab a cup of coffee and chat.
- Other than a good kitchen knife, I try not to use require speciality equipment or ingredients in my classes. While they are nice and useful, I believe most speciality tools in our kitchen can be replicated with basic equipment. I don’t want you to feel the need to buy anything special to get through a class. On the occasion that there is something I don’t think every kitchen has, I will note it in the class description.
- All published classes are held from my home in Crystal Lake. If you’d like a private class with your own group of friends, please contact me for more information.
Free Public Library Classes
* Follow the links for class and registration information.
Small Batch Preserving (Virtual) – Oak Lawn Public Library – Wednesday, June 23 @ 7:00 PM – Mixed Berry Jam
Small Batch Preserving (Virtual) – Lake Bluff Library – Tuesday, June 29 @ 7:00 PM – Blueberry Lime Jam
Perfect Pickles (In-Person) – Harvard Diggins Library – Thursday, July 8 @ 6:30 PM
Instant Pot 101 (Virtual) – Indian Trails Library – Monday, July 12 @ 7:00 PM – Penne Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers & Arugula
Simple & Fun Picnic Ideas (Virtual) – Ela Area Public Library – Wednesday, July 14 @ 7:00 PM
DIY Kombucha (Virtual) – Bartlett Public Library District – Monday, July 26 @ 7:00 PM
Air Fryer Basics (Virtual & In-Person) – Lemont Public Library – Wednesday, July 28 @ 7:00 PM